Andrew and Ada

Andrew and Ada

Monday, January 25, 2010

A Few Memories from Vickie

Every time they would come to visit, grandma would always have a hand full of weeds. She would pick weeds on her way to the front door and give them to me to throw away. She never entered the house without them.

She would always ask me if I wanted some cheese when I would go visit. Of course I would decline because they always kept it in a cheese keeper on their table and it would sweat and it was SHARP...eeww!!

I always remember the coffee can of bacon grease they kept on their stove. She added it to everything I think! I always lover her roasts too!! Somehow she always burnt them but they had the best burnt crust ever. That was my favorite part. Left over roast and homemade noodles, the best ever. Her little bag of Christmas candy she would work so hard on, I miss especially her molasses candy. Helping her dry fruit in the backyard on the screen door. Good memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment